At times, the latest information related to the many different fields of science and medicine can be buried in expensive journals, weekly magazines, and newsletters and held within unconventional sources that may be difficult to access. While there are many ways for individuals to access the latest information on these subjects, by far the most practical method is to subscribe to online news channels that publish the most up-to-date data regarding a subject of interest. In this respect, one of the best online resources today, used by thousands of scientists and medical professionals Oncotarget.
More information about Oncotarget
Oncotarget is a free-to-access, multidisciplinary online scientific journal that publishes papers on the internet, updated every week. Each paper within the journal or weekly issue of Oncotarget can be printed on individual demand. The journal exists to help researchers to contribute toward the advancement of science. It is led by some of the world’s most prominent scientific minds. The ultimate aim of the publication is to work toward life without disease, and this has prompted the launch of sections other than oncology. The journal’s mission is multi-faceted and includes:
- Making results of scientific studies quickly and widely available to all;
- Providing insightful reviews that help to maximize the impact of scientific research;
- Enabling the quick sharing of exceptional scientific discoveries;
- Eliminating the borders between various specialties;
- Providing a link between different disciplines of biomedical science;
- Fostering the application of new advances in clinical science to fight disease across the world
The kind of Information that Oncotarget Provides
Despite its name, Oncotarget focuses on spreading information on a variety of disciplines besides oncology. Although oncology is the journals major focus, other sections include immunology, aging, endocrinology, and metabolism. It also focuses on pharmacology, microbiology, cardiology, cell biology, and neuroscience. There is also a lot of freely available information on the latest developments in cancer research, its therapies, and treatments.